The peak period

Jes 10 Comments

Not just mega sales during Christmas but online sales like 11/11, 12/12, and particularly Chinese New Year. It's the most hectic period for all online merchants. From renovation to selling furniture, abalone, vegetables, dried goods, clothes, cars and many more, I believe most sellers will be happy and tiring during such times.

I am also happy to see my business taking off.




It's scary because we have to work till late almost every day to fulfil orders. The worst part is when our stocks run out so fast we kept on ordering and keeping stocks! It was crazy but definitely great for my 6 months old online shop.

The good part and also the not-so-good part is that we can work weekends, as and when we feel like it. You may think that the work-life boundary has blurred the lines but choosing when to work is a huge part of why I left my previous 9-to-5 job.

I like the freedom.

Working from home has its pros and cons. It ultimately depends on how you manage your time and prioritised what is most important. Hygiene and organisation are essential to keep the business going and of course, having the right workflow to improve productivity and efficiency.

To keep the momentum going is difficult and challenging but with more people exposed to the brand, then there will be more returning customers. I am proud to see many returning customers and even when I do bazaars, some customers would recognise our brand. It's so satisfying to see this little bit of rewards.

The best reward is to be able to close my online business and relax for 3 weeks during CNY. It's not up to me but as my suppliers, wholesalers, importers and courier companies are closed so we have no choice but to follow suit. It's a good time to meet up with fellow online merchants and new corporate customers.



To take a break is good, to re-look my direction and see how to improve. There are opportunities everywhere, I just need to focus on the doors that are opening instead of those that are closed. It's a different ball game altogether and the learning is the fun part.

Now the tough part is if we can sustain the good business even after Chinese New Year.

Follow me on my entrepreneurial journey for SnackFirst!

Jes

If you have benefited from this post, support our first business venture at snackfirst.com or like us on Facebook!

10 comments:

  1. Congrats and good to know the business is going well!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Finance Smiths,

      So nice of you to drop by to congratulate me. Not sure if it's sustainable so don't say too early but appreciate your kind thoughts! :)

      Delete
  2. Congratulation ! You are an inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lady You Can Be Free,

      You are the real inspiration, having such a sizeable portfolio. Waiting for your next update and let's jiayou together! :D

      Delete
  3. Hi Jess,

    I’m so glad to hear that the business is taking off. See I’m right.. wink wink hehehehe.

    Soon later.. expansion and maybe SnackFirst might even go on IPO!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sleepydevil,

      Too soon la, too soon. As usual, your optimism is so cute. Taking off is a nice word but I am only just warmed up! Glad you have expansion plans for me, waiting for your to invest =P

      Delete
  4. Hi Jes,

    Have been a loyal reader of your blog for some time. Happy that your business is doing well. I often share your stories to my husband. You inspire me to start out and now I'm a home baker. I learnt a great deal from you - with you being a wife, mother (of a newborn) and business owner. Always looking forward to reading your blog :)

    Apr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Apr,

      You made me so happy reading your comment! I have no idea I have any loyal readers, let alone able to inspire you. Wah a round of applause to you, at least you did take actions after reading and become a home baker, that's wonderful! Hope you business goes well too.

      Thanks for giving me more motivation to blog and update about my life, at least I know you will read it :P

      Delete
  5. Great job Jes! Good to see that the business is doing well. And keep blogging! I am a loyal reader as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate,

      Thanks for the encouragement! I hope to keep blogging too but good business will definitely eat into my time for blogging. You keeping writing too ok! :)

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.