Second kid is much easier

Jes 2 Comments

They always say the first is the toughest and most difficult for everything. The first love, the first kiss, the first pregnancy, the first labor, the first child.

I dismissed it previously as a ploy to get me to give birth to more babies.




Now I wonder if there is some truth in it. One thing is for sure: You know what to expect and have more experience dealing with similar situations.

For my pregnancies, I had a terrible morning sickness for my second baby compared to my first. However, I was not that worried when I have no appetite and I prepared my handy nuts snacks everywhere I go. I was more aware in preparing for snacks and focused on eating food that I can swallow or crave.

For the child delivery, the second one is definitely faster and shorter in duration. I think it is still as painful but because it only took 15 minutes for my second birth, it is comparatively easier than the 2 hours for the first one. The shorter pain duration means less pain endured!

For my second confinement, it was much more relaxed and I did not have any back ache. I know not to strain my wrist and back and started side latch from the first few days in order to reduce strain to my body. My first post partum phase, my back and wrist ached as I was not used to the weight of the baby and had to visit a TCM physician. Many of my friends complained about similar pains too, and it was definitely not due to epidural, since I did not have it.


My second baby cries much lesser, she doesn't cry before she sleeps like my first child. She was a much easier baby and that's just due to her temperament and nature. Even if she did cry, we know we had to hug and bring her for a walk, or to make soothing noises, or to take turns walking her around. We were knowledgeable in dealing with her tantrums so she had less crying episodes with us.

I can definitely say that for me, the second baby was much easier. The things to prepare for baby's arrival is also all well stocked and there was not so big a lifestyle change. The main change was learning how to multi-task, how to distract the toddler and feed the baby in the meantime, and how to deal with more laundry every day.

Which is why I encourage all to try for a second baby.

It's heartwarming to see the siblings play together and entertain each other. Of course there are quarrelling times but that is still easily resolved when they are so young. You can only play with the kids so much but they could entertain themselves in so many more ways.

Definitely go for 2 kids! Please don't tell me that the third kid would be the easiest, I don't intend to find out. =D

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Like me on Facebook to be updated on more #Familytalk posts and finances.

Jes

If you have benefited from this post, support our first business venture at snackfirst.com or like us on Facebook!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jes,

    Wow...congrats! already second kid. The last I remembered, you just having your first baby.
    Two is always better than 1.

    Congrats once again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rolf,

      For you, it should be 3 is better than 2 right? Haha time flies, I hope you are doing well! Thank you for the well wishes!

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.